Drone Scholarship 2017: Women in Science
At TheDroneGear.com, we’re passionate about drones and the promise that they hold to improve our world. As a representative of FAA-licensed drone pilots, small business owners, and aerial creatives around the world, we take our responsibility to be stewards of the global drone community seriously.
We recognize that our world does not provide women with a level playing field, despite common-sense and the ever-growing list of female accomplishments and contributions to humanity. As college graduates ourselves (and survivors of dreaded student-loan debt), we absolutely understand that college costs can add up quickly. Our goal is to use this scholarship opportunity to tip the scales back in favor of incredible women in science, no matter where they reside around the world.
That’s why we’re excited to offer a scholarship of $500 for undergraduate students who meet the criteria defined below.
Essay Prompt & Requirements
Applicants should write an essay that meets the following criteria:
- Applicant’s essay addresses one (1) of the following four (4) topics:
- How drones can be used to affect positive social change
- How drones can help reverse climate change
- How individual entrepreneurs can use drones for business
- How drones can be used in the education system
- Essay consists of 1,000+ words
- Includes 100+ word bio about the applicant
- Student must be 18 years of age or older
- Student must be enrolled as an undergraduate student in a higher education institution
Submission Deadline & Selection Criteria
The submission deadline is October 1st of each year.
A selection will be made and the winner will be notified by October 31st of the current year.
Please send the following to email@example.com to formally submit your essay:
- Include “Drone Scholarship” in submission email
- Completed, formatted essay in .doc or .docx format
- 100+ word bio in .doc or .docx format
- Personal details for attribution
- Full name
- University you attend
- University transcript
- University email address
Scholarship Funds Disbursement
The selected winner will receive a one-time $500 educational scholarship to be applied to qualified expenses, including undergraduate tuition, fees, books and on-campus room and board for the current academic school year.
Funds are provided by TheDroneGear.com. Payments issued by TheDroneGear.com are made payable to the student’s approved college or university and mailed directly to the accredited college or university last designated by the student.
- By submitting an essay application to TheDroneGear.com you certify that 100% of the information you provide is complete and accurate.
- You agree to transfer all ownership and rights of the submitted essay to TheDroneGear.com, regardless of if you are selected as a winner or not.
- You agree that your full name, complete essay, and final award amount may be used on our website, through announcements, or any articles issued by TheDroneGear.com.
- If you would like to remain anonymous should TheDroneGear.com publish your essay you must request this explicitly in your written submission.
- The selection of winners is entirely at the discretion of TheDroneGear.com.
- Winners will be contacted via the email address that was provided with application submission.
- The submitted essay must be the original work of the contestant. Any attempts of plagiarism will result in the participant’s immediate disqualification.
- Any essay that fails to meet the specified requirements or is sent after the submission deadline of 10/31/17 will be disqualified.
- Under no circumstances will TheDroneGear.com be liable to the participant for any indirect, punitive, special or consequential damages.
- All federal, state, local and other taxes and charges on prizes will be paid by the participant.
- Past winners are ineligible for future essay submission contests via TheDroneGear.com